A complement to a well-rounded, integrated medical care plan, chiropractic care is a therapeutic treatment that uses the physical alignment of the joints in your body to readjust your spine. Chiropractic adjustment aims to reduce pain and correct how your body functions to boost your body’s natural ability to heal. There are a variety of health benefits to seeing a chiropractor regularly.
What is Chiropractic Care
A chiropractor cares for conditions impacting the nervous and musculoskeletal systems. Chiropractors are regulated, and all 50 states require chiropractors to be licensed to practice. Chiropractic care is an effective treatment option for individuals of any age, from children to seniors, who suffer from body pain. Especially pain in your head, shoulders, limbs, back, hips, and pelvis. Common conditions treated with chiropractic care include:
- Chronic Pain
- Headaches & Migraines
- Joint Pain
- Limited Range of Motion
- Recovery Care After an Accident or Injury
- Stiff muscles
The goal of chiropractic care is to revitalize your health for the long term so you can get back to doing what you love. An alternative method that doesn’t rely on pain medications, chiropractic care offers a few different treatment options:
- Adjustments: A chiropractor carefully realigns joints to reduce pain and improve range of motion.
- Soft-Tissue Therapy: A restorative treatment that relaxes stiff muscles, eases muscle spasms, and relieves tension in the tissues that surround muscles.
- Exercises & Stretches: Your chiropractor may recommend exercises and stretches that you can also do at home to revive your muscle strength and maintain stability and mobility.
- Kinesio Taping: Also known as joint bracing or taping, a chiropractor will support sprained muscles or joints with tapes while they heal.
Unexpected Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care has well-known healthcare benefits such as head, neck, and back pain relief. However, there are many benefits to chiropractic care that can improve your quality of life:
- Energy Boost: When your body is in pain, the muscles and joints can cause tension, resulting in inflammation. Your body then expels energy to reduce inflammation and pain, which can zap your energy. The good news is that a chiropractor can help reduce pain and inflammation, boosting your energy levels.
- Breathe Easier: When your spine is out of alignment, it can affect nerve function throughout your body and impact your lungs. Chiropractic care can help resolve this issue by decreasing lung inflammation. And if you have asthma, those with the condition have stated that they have noticed fewer asthma symptoms after seeing a chiropractor.
- Enjoy Eating: The nerves along the spine also affect your digestive system and stomach. When there is a misalignment, your nerves may signal for more acid, resulting in heartburn, gas, and acid reflux. Visiting a chiropractor could bring the joy back to a good meal.
- A Good Night’s Sleep: A misaligned spine is painful and creates tension throughout the body, making it difficult to relax and get healthy sleep. Chiropractic care helps relieve pain and enhance relaxation so you can get a good night’s rest.
- Healthier Pregnancy: A woman’s body undergoes rapid changes during pregnancy. The hips widen, the back adjusts to carry, and more. That’s why many pregnant women experience headaches, back pain, and general discomfort. A chiropractor can help alleviate these symptoms so women can find pain relief. Additionally, research suggests chiropractic care throughout pregnancy could lead to more uncomplicated deliveries and a healthier mother and baby.
Enhance Your Chiropractic Care Experience
Chiropractic care can provide pain relief and align your spine. But to further enhance your experience, we recommend a few things you can do at home that will positively impact your progress and overall comfort.
- Maintaining good posture: This will help you prevent any negative setbacks after chiropractic care. Good posture promotes reduced pain, increased energy, and even enhanced mental health.
- Get quality sleep: Sleep can help you feel refreshed and allow your body to heal after chiropractic care. It enhances focus during treatments and aids in the recovery process.
- Invest in your health: Investing in your health means having a quality diet and performing at-home therapies, as long as they are approved by your medical provider. Tools such as the UTK Heating Pad for Neck and Shoulders can provide amazing relief and aid in the progress of chiropractic care.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is essential for overall health and well-being. Drinking plenty of water before and after each session helps the body stay hydrated and can help boost the effectiveness of treatments like massage or adjustments.
Can Chiropractic Care Help Improve Posture and Spinal Alignment?
Chiropractic care focuses on treating posture and spinal alignment issues. Through various techniques, chiropractors assess the spine’s alignment and utilize adjustments to improve misalignments. These adjustments help restore proper posture, alleviate pain, and enhance overall well-being. By targeting the root cause, posture and spinal alignment chiropractic care can provide long-lasting relief and contribute to improved health.
Chiropractic Care at Family Integrative Medicine
Adding chiropractic care to your health routine can improve your overall quality of life and complement your medical care. Whether you have experience injury or want a healthier life, the Family Integrative Medicine team will work with you to create a customized treatment plan unique to you and your health goals. You do not have to live a life of pain, discomfort, or with limitations. With office locations throughout Central Florida, you have access to a supportive, knowledgeable team who truly cares and is passionate about helping you live your life on your terms. From prevention to healing, our team is here to care for the health of your whole body. Get started today!