Have You Been Dealing with Back Pain For long Enough?
Our knowledgeable team can address your symptoms and alleviate your discomfort
Have you recently experienced an acute injury that has resulted in back pain? Frequent back discomfort is all too common, but many people don’t know where to start to address their symptoms.
It can be challenging to live with severe back pain, along with the daily limitations that those conditions can cause. For patients in Central Florida, managing these symptoms isn’t always possible with over-the-counter medications. Many also prefer to avoid any long-term reliance on heavy-duty prescription medications as a solution.
At Family Integrative Medicine, we believe that you should be able to enjoy your favorite activities without being held back by frequent back pain.
What Causes Back pain?
Millions of Americans suffer from agonizing back pain every year. In fact, you most likely know someone who deals with chronic back back discomfort. This can stem from a variety of isolated circumstances and injuries.
Causes of back pain include:
- Disc Pathology
- Bone Spurs
- Spinal Stenosis
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Pinched Nerve
- Natural Aging
- Sedentary Lifestyle
- Injury, Accidents & Trauma
- Posture & Work Ergonomics
- Poor Exercising Form
- Ligament or Muscle Strain
- Skeletal Abnormalities
Tips to reduce Daily Back Pain
If back discomfort is a common problem, consider implementing these daily practices into your routine:
- Strengthen your core muscles – Strengthening your core will take the pressure off of your lower back. The core is one of the least utilized muscle groups, so it’s essential pay extra attention to their development.
- Stretch daily – Many back problems are caused by tight muscles. Stretching properly can reduce back pain.
- Avoid sitting with poor posture – Sitting with poor posture can add a lot of pressure to the discs in your back. Make sure you’re sitting up straight and get up and moving every so often.
- Monitor your sleep position – When you wake up in the morning, take note of the position you’re in and if you’re in pain. If you sleep on your back, place a pillow under your knees to reduce pain. If you’re a side sleeper, put the pillow between your knees.
We offer Back Pain Treatments To Alleviate Your Discomfort
As many of our patients in Central Florida know, back pain is extremely common. This chronic ailment only gets worse with the effects that aging and/or a traumatic injury can have on the muscles and ligaments.
Stop living with chronic back discomfort and start living life on your terms with advanced treatment from Family Integrative Medicine. Our professionals are highly trained. They use advanced medical diagnostics, regenerative and complementary medicine to identify the root cause of your pain.
The next step is a customized, comprehensive treatment plan to lessen your symptoms and help you get back to your favorite activities.