Family Integrative Medicine treats patients who are suffering from a variety of chronic conditions, such as radiating pain. This debilitating pain may occur for many reasons, so it’s important to head to the experts when it’s time for diagnosis and treatment of your condition.
Spinal stenosis is one such condition. This occurs when the spaces within your spine narrow, putting pressure on the spinal cord and nerves. These nerves exit out of your vertebral spine, so this pressure may be felt as radiating pain by the patient. The symptoms of this spinal stenosis include sharp shooting pain that travel down the nerves, along with occasional numbness and tingling. The pain can even start in your lower back and travel down to your toes.
When treating spinal stenosis, our expert team may recommend a spinal adjustment made with decompression therapy or traction therapy. Other treatment options and services include:
- Weight loss exercises. If a patient is overweight, it may add a large amount of stress to their joints. This can cause stenosis, degeneration and damage in the long run.
- Core strengthening exercises. These will help protect and strengthen your spine.
- McKenzie exercises. These are recommended to centralize pain and stop the pain from traveling down to your toes.
Another major cause of radiating pain, whiplash occurs because of an intensely forceful and quick back-and-forth movement of the neck. This is common after rear-end automobile collisions and contact sports. Symptoms of this condition include neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and pain that travels down to the hands.
For patients with whiplash, our team of highly specialized physiotherapists may order any of the following treatments:
- Ultrasound therapy or electrical muscle stimulation therapy. These promote blood flow to the injured area, which aids healing and recovery.
- Spinal adjustment. A gentle adjustment can restore movement to your joints and alleviate pain.
To relieve the pain of whiplash, at-home therapy is often required. Products such as the UTK Heating Pad for Neck and Shoulders can alleviate the radiating pain. It allows the user to adjust the heat to their needs.
Sciatica is another condition that can cause radiating pain. It may be caused by spinal stenosis, but sciatica can also be attributed to a bulging disc. The symptoms of sciatica are very similar to those of piriformis syndrome. These sharp shooting pains start at the lower back, travel behind the thigh, and then radiate down to the toes.
At Family Integrative Medicine, there are several treatments for sciatica that may alleviate your pain. These options include:
- Stretching exercises. Specific rehabilitative stretching can specifically target the muscles located in the hip and lower back to calm shooting pains.
- Diversified lower back adjustment. This specialized spinal alignment treatment can help increase motion and reduce your pain.
Let Family Integrative Medicine Treat Your Radiating Pain
As a leader in person-centered care, Family Integrative Medicine serves families, elder adults, sports athletes and veterans in Central Florida who want to pursue faster and more effective healing for a variety of chronic conditions.
No matter what condition is causing your radiating pain, treatment should target the underlying condition. At Family Integrative Medicine, we place a high priority on uncovering the root cause of your pain. Then, we analyze which physiotherapy treatments and rehabilitative exercises will best treat your pain. These steps to recovery are outlined in a personalized treatment plan that is customized to meet your specific needs for pain relief.
Schedule your consultation so that we support your healthcare needs and improve your quality of life, starting today!